Academic job opportunity for indigenous and black scholars - University of Waterloo
University of Waterloo is looking to hire 10 Indigenous and 10 Black scholars: https://uwaterloo.ca/provost/cluster-hiring-initiatives.
For the 10 Indigenous Excellence appointments, see: https://uwaterloo.ca/.../indigenous-excellence-multiple...
For the 10 Black Excellence appointments, see https://uwaterloo.ca/.../black-excellence-multiple...
- Recruitment is open now and will continue until all positions are successfully filled, there is no set timeline for the initiative (meaning that If candidates are found immediately, the cluster will be hired immediately).
- Positions are open at the assistant professor, associate professor and professor levels, with the intention to recruit faculty at a range of career stages. At least half of the positions will occur at the assistant professor rank.
- Positions will be available for broad areas of research across all Faculties.
- These cluster hiring initiatives are in addition to other equity-based hiring initiatives and are not meant to replace other opportunities.
- The fundamental purpose of the cluster hiring initiatives is to increase representation of Black and Indigenous faculty across the spectrum of Waterloo’s teaching and scholarship activities; while there may be some natural synergies with the current development of academic programming in the areas of Black Studies and Indigenous Studies, the cluster initiatives are not intended to recruit solely/primarily for these areas.